The E-Commerce industry is growing rapidly. It is currently at 2,2027,945 million USD and is slated to grow up to 2,854,203 million USD by 2023 with 4,475.7 million users, as per Statista reports. Businesses need to expand into the virtual world to tap into the eCommerce market. There are several eCommerce Content Management System platforms to help businesses to develop and host their web store and expand into the E-commerce market. Let us look at three such E-Commerce platforms which would help your business achieve its full potential.
Magento is the leading web platform with more than 29% of the market share. It is an open-source, CMS and offers a wide range of features for its users.
- It uses the PHP programming language and is powered by the Zend framework.
- It provides a unified place for B2B and B2C eCommerce, that is, you will be able to sell your products not only to the customers but also to other businesses.
- Magento is extremely flexible when it comes to designing the web store. As it is open-source you will have the freedom to include any features you might want. Additionally, Magento also provides more than 8,000 extensions on its platform.
- On Magento, you can also use a single admin dashboard to manage multiple web stores.
- Because of the huge market share of Magento, it has a large community. You can hire the best Magento development company to design and maintain your web store.
In addition to these features, there are a plethora of others which help in the process of creating and operating web stores on Magento eCommerce platform.
Large scale businesses generally use SAP Hybris commerce development platform. Some of its features are
- It uses Java programming language.
- Like Magento, it provides a unified platform for B2B and B2C solutions as well.
- It provides a multi-channel fulfillment to integrate the approach to the buyers on several platforms.
- It supports multiple web stores for a single admin team and dashboard, and many more.
Oracle Commerce Cloud is also popular among the large scale businesses who want to expand into the virtual marketplace. Here is a list of some of its features:
- It uses the Java programming language and Spring framework.
- It is a one-stop solution for B2B and B2C businesses.
- It provides a template for creating the web store.
- It also offers a wide range of built-in marketing tools; and many such features.
A stark difference among the three eCommerce platforms is that while Oracle and Hybris are provided only in paid versions, Magento is provided in a free version as well. In addition to it, the cost of the paid version of Magento starts at $22,000 while that of Hybris starts from $54,000 and Oracle can cost up to $500,000 for the first year, and more than $100,000 subsequently. This is the reason why small and mid-scale businesses do not choose Hybris or Oracle.